These last few weeks have been so stressful and like clockwork I got sick so it at least gave me some time to write and plan! First off, I got a car! A new Chevy Cruze ☺️ I’m so thankful I was able to do this. I worked my butt off all year in order to save for it and now my monthly payments aren’t too bad. I did it all myself, no parental help. They aren’t in the best place financially right now so they haven’t been able to help me with much. That is ok though! I’m thankful they haven’t helped me in any way financially, it has taught me how to be cautious with my money and independent financially.
On another note! I am almost done my shortcut to shred program on bodybuilding.com so I had to make a new one for myself! This is quite an advanced program as right now I am really aiming to get my body fat % low and gain some more muscle. As always if you decide to follow this plan take caution and consult a physician! 🙂
Quick overview: This is just my week 1. I am going to see how it goes and tweak as needed. After that I will be following the same routine for 2 weeks at a time before switching it up. I get bored easily
– 2 sprint workouts a week. This will be right when I wake up. There isn’t a set day just because of my work schedule but at the beginning of the week I can see when I have time to get my sprint workout in and then my weights in later on. I will be doing 5-10 100m sprints. I haven’t done this in a long time so I need to see where my body is currently before setting a total sprinting program.
– 5 day split. Shoulders/abs, glutes/hamstrings, Back/biceps, quads/calves, chest/triceps.
– Each weight training set will be done using time under tension principles. For the first few weeks I will be finishing each set with an eccentric time under tension rep (bicep curls – on the lowering go slow for 10 seconds really squeezing the muscle) and each muscle group will be finished with a dropset.
– In between sets I will be doing 30 seconds of jump rope, box jump, switch lunges etc to get my heart rate up and speed fat loss.
Day 1: Shoulders/abs
1. Barbell shoulder press 5×10
2. Front to side dumbbell raise 4×12
3. Cable rear delt fly 4×12
4. Upright dumbbell row 5×10
5. Dumbbell shoulder press – Dropset
6. Reverse Crunches 3×15
7. Plank 5 to failure
8. Cable Crunch (time under tension) 4×10
9. Russian Twist 5×20
Day 2: Glutes/Hamstrings
1. Romanian Deadlift 5×10
2. Leg curls 5×10
3. Sumo deficit squat 4×12
4. Sideways leg press (got from Heidi Somers, who got from Paige Hathaway) 3×15 each leg
5. Cable kickback 3×10
6. Leg Curl – Dropset
Day 3: Back/Biceps
1. Assisted Pull-up – 5×8
2. Dumbbell Pull-over 3×12
3. One-arm Dumbbell row 4×8
4. Hyperextension 5×8
5. Alternating bicep curl 3×8
6. Cable bicep curl with bar 3×10
7. Outer bicep curl 3×12
Day 4: Quads/Calves
1. Back Squats – 5×10
2. Front Squats – 3×8 (I haven’t done these before :o)
3. Single leg Squats – 4×8
4. Leg Press – 5×10
5. Calf raise on leg press – 6×10 (2 with feet forward, pointed out and pointed in)
6. Leg extension – Dropset
7. Dumbbell Walking lunge – failure
8. Foam roll like your life depends on it….
Day 5: Chest/Triceps
1. Bench Press 5×10 (dumbbell or bar, depends how strong I am that day or how much pre-set I took! 😉 )
2. Cable Chest press 4×12
3. Push-ups 4 sets to failure
4. Incline dumbbell flyes – dropset
5. Cable triceps extension – 4×10
6. Dumbbell Tricep Kickback – 3×12
5. Bench dips – 4 sets to failure
There you have it! As you can see I will really be putting my muscles under some serious torture. Hopefully I will be seeing results quickly with this plan.
My nutrition will be changing through this as well. I am splitting my macronutrients up into 45% carbs, 30% protein and 25% fats. If I am not seeing changes in my core I will have to change this. Obviously I will be sticking to whole foods, not IIFYM style here ;).
You might be wondering why I am pushing myself so hard for the next few weeks, and it’s because I am going to be doing the NO LIMITS 6 week challenge on bodybuilding.com. You can sign up here. You will have to make a bodyspace account to join but believe me it is worth it! Everyone on that site is so motivational and there is also a bodygroup specifically for everyone doing the challenge! Follow my journey and my workouts here to support me and so I can support you! 🙂
Another note of some exciting news. I have an opportunity to start online health and wellness coaching! More news on that will be coming soon. In the meantime, I recently started a fitness instagram so follow me @skittlebitzfit
Hope you all have an amazing start to your week! If you would like to contact me about any questions whatsoever feel free to comment below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your fellow human,