I’ll start off by telling you about my upcoming challenge to myself.
My birthday is April 28th, by that time I would like to be down to 20% body fat***, while staying at a steady 128 lbs. This means I will be losing fat, but gaining muscle. How will I be doing this?
Today I started the BodyRock HIIT Max series you can find here. I’ve done these workouts before with Lisa and they are KILLER. I love how easy it is to modify for home workouts and beginners. Even if you do 2 reps. You still did 2. Write it down and OWN IT. Love these workouts because they range from 10-20 minutes and as a student + working full time, I barely have enough time to breathe never mind working out at the gym for an hour every day.
Day 1 Scores
2. 7 with 20 lb of weight
6. 14 – on a chair
9. 27 – no step
10. 36 – no step
11. 3 with 10 lb (OMG THESE WERE SO HARD)
All I have to say is WOW. I had a very difficult time walking up the stairs for a glass of water after this one. Note to self: have water and a pillow ready on the floor to die afterwards.
- 20 sesame rice crackers
- 2 rice cakes
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (nothing added, just peanuts)
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tbsp walnuts
- salad in a jar (3 romaine lettuce leaves, 1/3 cucumber, 1/2 cup black beans, 1/2 cup hummus (I’m slightly obsessed), 3 stalks celery, 2 tbsp italian dressing
- gluten free vanilla cupcake, almond milk latte (I went for coffee with mama)
- 1/2 sweet potato, 1/4 cup ground bison, 1 1/2 cups brown rice, 1 cup unsweetened rice milk
- more rice crackers (this will change as my elimination diet ends tomorrow YAY
***Disclaimer: These are my OWN personal goals. Do NOT use these numbers as a reference for your own health and fitness journey. Contact your doctor prior to starting any exercise or diet program. I am simply sharing my experience and journey with you to encourage people to live their own healthy lifestyle. I am using this blog as accountability to keep up with my goals.*****